Friday, June 27, 2008

Strange and Unknown

Here is a funny little spam I received:

Don't want to buy unknown them at strange stores?

They have the recipe, just buy it

We work all the drugs you need to recover your health at low prices...


Use this domain for navigating to navigate our store...


getmanhealth {DOT} com

Yes, that's right, I don't want to buy "unknown them" at "strange stores". I would much rather buy "unknown them" from extremely strange internet stores. Really now, I never took a marketing class in my life but I'm pretty sure that somewhere in some textbook, there are a few basic rules and a couple of them may go something like this:
  1. If you're trying to sell something, it may be moderately helpful to mention what you're selling in a more specific way than "unknown thems."
  2. If you're trying to draw a favorable comparison to your competition, than do your best to compare to them favorably. In other words, if you're trying to lure people from "strange stores", then don't be a freaky weirdo spammer!!
Let me know if you get any good deals when you are "navigating to navigate their store."

No comments: